Whitney’s Recommended Paint Supplies
My Recommended Painting Supplies
- I love these from NicPro and use them for acrylic and more detailed watercolor: https://amzn.to/3pabItC
- I also enjoy this set by BOSOBO! https://amzn.to/3o0ckT0
- This set from Artezza has lots of colors and is fun! https://amzn.to/3HV777b
- And this is an Artezza set that has fewer colors and would work great: https://amzn.to/3D29L7h
- I also often use the Studio Acrylics from Dick Blick in titanium white, mars black, magenta, primary red, cobalt blue, cerulean blue, cadmium yellow light and I also like payne’s grey.
- I really love, and try to only paint on, “gallery wrapped” canvas. The edges are wide / thick and look great hanging on the wall without a frame. This set is great: https://amzn.to/3D29L7h
- Especially starting, learning… allow yourself thee freedom to paint on anything! Anything you already have, that fits your budget, etc. There are no “have-to’s” when it comes to painting (anything, really!)!!
- I also enjoy painting on unstretched canvas that normally comes in rolls. I do like the heavyweight canvas from DicckBlick: https://www.dickblick.com/products/blick-premier-heavyweight-cotton-canvas-rolls/
- GenieCanvas.com sells canvas that comes in a tube and easily rolls out into a nice, gallery wrapped canvas. This is great if you might need to ship your canvas due to moving or selling! They are a bit more expensive but SO worth it if you want to paint big and then be able to ship easily.
- THIS is by far my favorite set and what I always use for pan watercolors. They are Pelikan Opaque watercolors: https://amzn.to/3D6gPzH
- Brusho Crystal Colours is what we use in Art Gypsy Greece . The Watercolor Experience: https://amzn.to/3p6Y0ri
- My favorite watercolor AND painting journal is this one by Moleskine. It is nice and BIG and takes all media: https://amzn.to/3nZfs1r
- I do not buy paper towels anymore, so I use old t-shirts, rags, etc. I clean paint off my brushes on my paint pants (most of them all) or an apron. Also, you can have your next canvas ready to go and use it to paint off extra paint and skip the water completely.
- I use meat trays or tofu containers for palettes. I try to use recycled objects as much as possible.
Hope this helps! The links above are my Amazon associates links.
Can’t wait to see you in the STUDIO!
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.
What I know for sure is that the MORE we honor & lift up others, the more we honor our own journeys and receive exactly what we need, when we need it, to RISE ABOVE ourselves! Today we want to introduce you to Susan Kizaric. You can explore her world even more...
Energy work you can do for yourself …it’s FUN!Hello, hello, everyone! This is our final blog in our series 8 “Shades” of Self-Awareness to Nurture in 2024. And THIS is one of my nearest and dearest favorites. YOU can be your own, private energy worker! #8 of 8...
Are you bathing yourself in the energy of abundance these days! Today, we are reminding ourselves of the superpower that is DETACHMENT! #7 of 8 “Shades” of Self-Awareness to Nurture in 2024 Inspired by my newest online course. NOW IS THE PERFECT TIME TO JOIN!...